SRAM sta cercando un ingegnere per la progettazione dei propri freni idraulici. Se qualcuno ha esperienza nel settore ed è alla ricerca di un cambiamento, questa potrebbe essere la sua occasione.
L’offerta di lavoro coinvolge i settori in cui SRAM ha necessità di apportare miglioramenti. La sede di lavoro sarà ai piedi delle Montagne Rocciose in Colorado Springs, e sono previsti dei viaggi in Asia.
Di seguito le responsabilità della figura lavorativa:
- Based on customer requirements, develop design concepts of mechanical and hydraulic brake system products, create detailed component drawings, assembly models, and implement the designs into Asian factories while optimizing design for manufacturability.
- Provide direction to SRAM factories and suppliers on production processes and facilitate problem-resolution when necessary.
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that engineering problems are resolved thoroughly.
- Act as a role model and mentor to other engineers in the proper use of best engineering practices and standardized procedures. Take an active role in all levels of design review.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures in how work is accomplished. Help define and improve these best practices and procedures.
- Effectively document design specifications using standard documentation practices.
- Regularly collaborate and consult with other engineers, and communicate effectively with other team members.
- Effectively mitigate risks through proactive design analysis, especially as it relates to understanding effects from internal and external variability.
E le qualifiche richieste:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering is required (Mechanical preferred).
- Ten to fifteen years of experience designing hydraulic brake systems for bicycles or high performance motorsports is required.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of hydraulic brake systems, dynamic sealing systems, caliper and rotor dynamics, and structural and thermal operating conditions under which brake systems operate.
- Possesses a strong background in testing hydraulic brakes under extreme brake operating conditions.
- Has detailed knowledge about a wide variety of manufacturing processes and practices. Understands how manufacturing methods impact product design and has demonstrated the ability to design robust products in mass production environments.
- Has demonstrated leadership abilities, and is a recognized, credible expert in hydraulic brake design; has developed good habits relating to being a design engineer.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems through creative and innovative thinking.
- CAD experience required in the following areas: 3D parametric solid modeling, creating and managing assemblies, layout and detailing of drawings, GD&T, change management systems. Pro/Engineer experience is strongly desired.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences, working with Asian cultures is a plus, and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Demonstrate an understanding of bicycle or motorsports mechanics and design, and a passion for bicycles is desired.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally four to six times per year for approximately one week at a time.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.